April 29, 2015
Most who study our storied Constitution, properly motivated, come away awe-inspired and thankful for the Divine Intervention that must have taken place for this group of people to have come together at that one particular point in time and ultimately put together the document that would define the world for the next few hundred years; much longer God willing. A deeper investigation however reveals a flaw that I have yet to find a respectable Constitutional historian point out. I arise today to illuminate that failing for you, my faithful readers. I know, I know. You're immediately asking rhetorically, "Keith, who the Hell are you to determine failure of our Founding Fathers?" I am no one. Just an ol' country boy, raised in the greatest nation on earth, just smart enough to take advantage of the greatest access to knowledge the world has ever known, with just the right amount of common sense passed on from Grandpa Rodebush and Mister Rodebush to know a rat when I smell one. As to the reason for the failure I will get to that later. Mostly, I intend to dive right in.
Article III of the United States Constitution deals with the Judicial branch of government. This branch was fully intended and expected to wield equal power with the other two branches, the Legislative and the Executive. Please take a moment to open your pocket Constitution which, as a reader of mine, I'm sure is close by, well worn, creased and stained. Notice if you will the brevity of Article III. Article II is indeed not much longer; you see they actually believed that the Executive should not have very much power. Kings need not apply. Article I is the longest reflecting their concern that the Branch that holds the purse strings is indeed the strongest; AND the most likely to be corrupted.
Why is Article III so short and sweet? My reading of the Federalist Papers and various writings of our Founders and the author of the Constitution convince me that they believed that the Congress would 'fill in the blanks'. In fact the first major legislation passed by Congress was the Judicial Act of 1789. Section 35 is of particular interest here:
"...And there shall also be appointed a meet person, learned in the law, to act as attorney-general for the United States, who shall be sworn or affirmed to a faithful execution of his office; whose duty it shall be to prosecute and conduct all suits in the Supreme Court in which the United States shall be concerned, and to give his advice and opinion upon questions of law when required by the President of the United States,..." emphasis mine (Keep this in your quiver for later reference.)
So the Congress thereby 'invented' the judicial system of the United States of America. They did a wonderful job. Think about the history from then till now. How many times have wrongs been righted by one judge or one decision by our Supreme Court? How many times has the absolutely most destitute and inconsequential among us had their God-given rights upheld by this system established by the 1st Congress of these United States? If you know your history, it takes your breath away. To be sure, there are several times in our history when this branch of government served opposite of it's charge and instituted tyranny. Such is the fallibility of Man. But the system is set to rebound. The Court is NOT the final arbiter of all things Constitutional. We The People are. SCOTUS affirming separate but equal did not make it so. This is very important. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is stealing your Liberty. NEVER allow it to go unchallenged.
You seem … to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy.
Our judges are as honest as other men, and not more so. They have, with others, the same passions for party, for power, and the privilege of their corps. Their maxim is “boni judicis est ampliare jurisdictionem,” and their power the more dangerous as they are in office for life, and not responsible, as the other functionaries are, to the elective control.
The Constitution has erected no such single tribunal, knowing that to whatever hands confided, with the corruptions of time and party, its members would become despots.
It has more wisely made all the departments co-equal and co-sovereign within themselves.
If the legislature fails to pass laws for a census, for paying the judges and other officers of government, for establishing a militia, for naturalization as prescribed by the Constitution, or if they fail to meet in congress, the judges cannot issue their mandamus to them ; if the President fails to supply the place of a judge, to appoint other civil or military officers, to issue requisite commissions, the judges cannot force him. …
The Constitution, in keeping three departments distinct and independent, restrains the authority of the judges to judiciary organs, as it does the executive and legislative to executive and legislative organs. - Thomas Jefferson, Letter to William Charles Jarvis, (28 September 1820).
Okay, so much for the history lesson. Back to the point at hand. By not explicitly defining and providing for the election of the Attorney General of the United States of America, our Founders unfortunately laid the groundwork for what we suffer from this very day. We live in a system in which the President, as head of the Executive Branch, gets to rightfully and Constitutionally appoint the Attorney General who is the only person who can bring actual criminal charges against any federal politician. I am not such a student of history that I can quote each and every instance of past administrations that have taken advantage of this fault. I can only tell you that in my lifetime, I have never seen an Attorney General of the U.S. who so willingly turns a blind eye to the corruption of his boss as Eric Holder, Attorney General of the United States of America, 2009 - 2015.
Black Panther voter intimidation, Fast and Furious gun running to Narco-terrorists, NSA spying on innocent domestic communication, Foreign campaign donations, IRS intimidation of political opponents, Destruction of government documentation, Bribery, Corruption, Leaking of government secrets, Aiding and abetting enemies of the United States, Muslim Brotherhood infiltration of Administrative Branch, HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF MISSING FUNDS FROM BAIL-OUT AND STIMULUS MONEYS, Release of TERRORISTS for a deserter, Executive orders countermanding the specific oath to 'uphold the law', Refusing to faithfully execute the laws of the United States of America......
My friends the list goes on and on and is added to every day. YOUR GOP congress just approved the nomination of another Radical Leftist who will continue this same despicable injustice...ALL brought to you by none other than James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin et al.
The lack of specificity of Article III of our magnificent Constitution has allowed the Wolf to guard the Wolf. In THIS, our Founders have shown themselves to be of all things...human. It is inexplicable. A group of Men who railed for years about the fallibility of Man as the necessity for the 'Chains of the Constitution', nevertheless believed that the good folks in Congress would 'fill in the blanks'. They believed that those who attained such distinction as the highest legal official of these United States would be a person of honor and integrity. They believed that no President would be so brazen as to appoint a vile 'Yes Man' to the highest legal office in the land. They believed that no Congress would approve the nomination of such a person. They believed that no Higher Court would accept the irrational and illegal arguments of such a Man. I, Keith D. Rodebush do hereby attest and affirm that they were wrong, for sadly I have witnessed it with mine own eyes. Only one was perfect, and we hung Him from a cross. Our Founders were not perfect, and this is their ever-lasting mistake that we are suffering from today.
BUT!!! We're in luck. They knew that they were imperfect. They left us a tool to right the wrong. Amendments. So how do we fix this? (Assuming we can ever educate ourselves enough to elect actual statesmen to office)
The actual text of a Constitutional Amendment is vitally important. I have not the space nor the attention span to get into the fine art of wording same here. However, I have an idea. The salvation of all Mankind can come from a simple thought in a simple man's mind.
Thus, I proffer this solution: A Constitutional Amendment that provides for the appointment of the Attorney General of the United States of America. A specific sub department of the Justice Department will be established with the SOLE purpose of investigating and prosecuting corruption within Federal Government. Something will have to be done about the 'Justice Department' as it is constituted currently. The POTUS has absolute authority to appoint the Heads of the Several Departments as it should be, with Congressional advice and consent of course. Therefore, I submit that the Justice Department must in some way be integrated into the Judicial branch of government. The Attorney General must be appointed by the Attorney's General of the Several States. If a majority of the Attorney's General of the Several States will STILL appoint a Party HACK, then we are in more trouble than we can overcome without blood anyway. The POTUS is to have zero input into the nominees. Perhaps We The People elect nominees. Perhaps they are nominated by Congressional committee. This must of course be worked out. It is VITAL that the nominations include the Peoples input. The term of said AG will be four years and shall fall two years after each Presidential election. In this manner the AG term will always run through two different administrations. Penalties must be explicitly established for dereliction of duty. Any AG who refuses to aggressively pursue criminal charges against egregious acts of corruption of Congressmen, Bureaucrats, Judges or Presidents must face prison time. The real breaking rocks into gravel type prison. ( I know. We don't have them anymore...that's another article.) Finally, the only appeal of the prosecution through the sub department entrusted to investigate corruption of government officials will be the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
There you go. A little man, in a little community with a little education has solved one of the most vexing incongruity's of the Constitution of the United States of America. You see; YOU can be anything you set your mind to. YOU can be a catalyst for changing the world. All you have to do...is think.
Keith D. Rodebush
Posted by Keith D. Rodebush at 23:09
April 21, 2015
Just how stupid are we? Consider:
· Hillary Clinton is currently fashioning her presidential campaign around the notion that she is just an average gal, fighting the bourgeoisie to empower the downtrodden in America. Stop. No seriously, stop laughing. You think this is funny but consider. This woman hasn’t worked a real day in her life since college. She has accomplished everything she set out to do and then some. She is wealthy beyond calculation because she is so good at hiding her wealth in her stature. IOW she uses the trappings of her position to save her own wealth. She doesn’t pay for housing, she doesn’t pay for transportation, she doesn’t pay for clothing, she doesn’t pay for utilities, she doesn’t pay for insurance, she doesn’t pay for…well anything really. Who pays? YOU do sucker! You and untold numbers of donors to the ‘Clinton Foundation’, naught but a money laundering operation. And yet, the aforementioned ploy is working and will work. She will be seen as the champion for the poor just as Barak Hussein Obama was and is seen as the bridge across the races. Now, who’s stupid? (At this point early in the election cycle many love to contemplate that she will be challenged seriously from the Left. Wait and see how the machine DESTROYS her detractors) She cannot afford to lose. She has collected BILLIONS from foreign donors who expect a payback.
· Our president just negotiated a deal that will allow the world’s most prolific sponsor of terrorism attain a nuclear weapon; and the nation yawns. Because of the success of Anti-Semitism inherent in the current Democrat Party ideology; the vast majority of American voters have not a clue nor an inclination to learn, what the ramifications of this treasonous policy will wrought on the world.
· Sexual preference is quickly becoming a vastly more protected class than the two oldest religions in Western society.
· The one ideology that has the least historical claim to religious status is the most protected ideology worldwide; despite a historical record of barbarism and fascism.
· In the United States of America, a Mexican flag is considered free speech but an American flag is considered an inflammatory and racist instigation to violence by ‘Mexican-Americans’.
· The organization responsible for the vastly disproportionate murder of black babies (Planned Parenthood; founded by eugenicists), is uniquely supported by the Party which receives ~95% of the Black vote.
· The most inefficient means of producing energy receive the largest percentage of subsidies from the People’s Treasury.
· Despite an approval rating below 20%; Congressmen in 2012 were re-elected at a rate exceeding 90%.
· With the most powerful, best trained, well-funded and technologically advanced military the world has ever known, America has LOST or TIED every major war since World War II. (Some will argue we won the Gulf War, but any serious analysis of the region disputes the overall veracity of such claims)
· Billions of dollars from the People’s Treasury continue to prop up an organization (The United Nations) that has operated against the interest of the American people for decades.
· Despite the Founding documents of the United States of America’s pledge to protect Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness; our nation cannot seem to find the dignity to protect the most innocent of ALL LIFE; a human baby. It’s the FIRST DAMN ONE!
· Wearing a Ché Guevara (a murderous Marxist) T-shirt is protected free speech; but wearing an American flag T-shirt or anything depicting military excellence is prohibited on many school campuses.
· The people who pay no taxes, and indeed receive largess from their more successful neighbors, accuse same of being greedy.
· The most intolerant people in America today are those who are the most intolerant…and the largest corporations in the world cower at their feet.
· American Jews vote overwhelmingly for the most Anti-Semitic Party in American history.
· So-called Conservatives/Libertarians trip all over themselves to pass legislation securing a right already ensconced in the U.S. Constitution, the right to keep and BEAR arms, ignoring the obvious intent of such laws; a federal database of gun owners.
· A man who molested numerous women and took advantage of an intern under his charge, then lied in a court deposition about same; enjoys a 55% approval rating among American voters. 55%. Belongs in prison; resides in our hearts.
· Americans who decide to go overseas and fight with a terrorist organization so despicable, even Al-Qaeda says they go overboard (ISIS) are allowed to return the United States because they ‘have a right to return’ according to our very own State Department.
· The greatest vitriol of the American press is saved for the singular free country in the Middle East, Israel.
· MSNBC is still on the air.
· Al-Jazeera America was sold for Millions.
· The person with one of the largest carbon footprints in the world is the champion of carbon offsets.
· Global Warming aka ‘Climate Change’ is still spoken about daily worldwide as a legitimate concern despite decades of evidence as to its complete and utterly laughable lack of scientific basis.
· Belief in God and Creation is impugned as fairy worship while belief that Man evolved through multiple birth defects, despite ZERO evidence of a GOOD birth defect, is considered highly intellectual.
· Terrorists, Marxists, racist and incompetent ideologues are ensconced in almost every major American university…and this Spring MILLIONS of American parents are spending numerous hours and tons of money trying to get their children accepted to same.
· Nobel Peace Prize recipient, Barak Hussein Obama, traded a known deserter for 5 of the vilest terrorist enablers in the history of Mankind…and our nation yawns.
· The Muslim Brotherhood puts out a manifesto of how they will defeat America from within; and an American president invites them to the White House, supports them in Egypt and hires their members as advisors, and America yawns.
· Karl Marx is more influential in American politics than James Madison.
I rest my case.
by: Keith D. Rodebush
Posted by Keith D. Rodebush at 00:25
April 15, 2015
I recently read about how watershed moments in human development actually physically rewire the brain. For instance before writing was all the rage, Man memorized everything important. Tribal history, genealogy, religious teaching, technique of war and survival, all were taught through verbal communication. 'Songs' were no more than recitals. All of the knowledge of one generation to the next was passed down verbally. As a result the human brain's capacity for the memory of dialogue was radically different than present day. It wasn't unusual for many within a tribe or family to remember 100's of words for many different recitals; thousands of words perhaps, verbatim. Ever tried getting a kid to remember the Preamble to the Constitution lately? Our brains are no longer functionally disposed to remembering long passages. It is mostly unnecessary due to writing. We humans are quickly entering an age where reading and writing, especially writing are becoming less and less necessary. The effects on the human brain will not be known for some time to come but I suspect the change will be much quicker than that of writing.
We run around with our noses in our devices watching videos and listening to YouTube, reading Twittenglish without really thinking deeply about what we hear or see. We determine if we 'Like' something within milliseconds. The interaction of the logical brain with the exterior stimuli is brief and only getting shorter. The transference of thought to disbursement is almost instantaneous. Decisions of word appropriateness is taken out of our hands and delegated to the woefully ill-equipped auto-complete and phrase generator. We basically allow some bespectacled geek to tell us what we intend to say. Remember when people tried to finish a sentence for you and it irritated the Sam Hill outta you? Now we willingly concede their prescience in knowing our minds. What will be the ultimate effect on the actual hard-wiring of the brain from this new form of information distribution?
A couple of things come quickly to mind. One that we are already noticing. The learning, and the intimate and concise use, of cursive writing is going the way of the Neanderthal quicker than a mal-educated progressive joins a street protest. It's not just that we don't learn it, it is in fact harder for us to learn I believe. In fact, my opinion is that this is the end of a road that Marconi sent us down long ago. It is also my belief that this has a noticeable and deleterious effect on our ability to reason and problem solve. Why? you say. Cursive writing used to be so pervasive that we all learned it so early and so completely that it became second nature and almost instinctual. Therefore, the process of putting thoughts down was imperceptibly distracting to the actual formulation of the thought itself. Conversely, typing for the common Man is much more cumbersome and fraught with constant and repetitive correction. Therefore, the energy expended on the process of intimating ones thoughts are often equal to the thought itself. Any armchair scholar can tell you that distracted thought is incomplete and sometimes erroneous. Certainly, the capacity of the human brain to assimilate and overcome adversity is unfathomable; but it will take a very long time to match the ease, comfort and pace of writing longhand.
Secondly, it is quite likely that this transition will, if not already so, lead to a lasidasical intellectualism. Some studies are already documenting this effect. As visual and verbal stimuli make up more and more of our information input, our reaction time decreases. The sheer pace of modern life only adds to this need for intellectual speed. Will this become an exponential effect as interactive devices become faster and more powerful? Only time will tell.
It is very possible that the speed of our transition may be our digital saviour. As we continue our technological expansion; we will in fact be reverting back to the spoken word. All of our devices will soon be voice activated exclusively. Computer, make it so. This will not, sadly, countervail the loss of our previous sagaciousness of pace, if you will. There is a determinate speed of writing that lends oneself to deeper thought in my never to be humble opinion. Certainly, the transition promises to be rocky. With a little luck and God's grace, however, perhaps we will soon find ourselves firmly ensconced if not hard wired, into the software/hardware to such an extent that we can sit back, relax and develop thought without the cumbersome necessity of manual recitation of such. Perhaps we may then spend our 'Finest Hour' developing reason and intellectual purity to truly reach a potential yet imagined. I see myself drawing on a fine tobaccy product, sipping a fine Rum, ethereally relaxed and pleased; staring across to my compatriot...and simply nodding with a knowing smile creeping across my lips, 'I know' ... 'Brilliant'.
This of course, can only happen if we soon learn to incorporate history into our understanding of the role security plays in the potential of humankind. A society living in fear of evil within and without, has not the time nor the luxury for frivolous philosophy and invention.
May God Bless You With Insight and Contemplation.
by: Keith D. Rodebush
Posted by Keith D. Rodebush at 21:00
April 7, 2015
Make love not war. Can’t we all get along? All we are saying is give peace a chance. Violence solves nothing. An eye for an eye only leaves the whole world blind. Peace begins with a smile. Imagine all the people living life in peace. Peace is its own reward. I believe it is peace in our time.
Who doesn’t yearn for peace?
Define peace…is it calm; tranquility? One who submits to a master has peace. One who refuses to fight may have peace. Is subjugation peace? Is peace simply the succession of war? Or…is peace more active? I submit to you that real peace is a state of safety, sustained through vigilant repelling of tyranny. Peace is Liberty. There is no peace without freedom. I further submit to you, that all of the above platitudes for peace actually encourage and ensure war.
John Lennon at least came close; he inadvertently acknowledged that ‘all the people’ living in peace was but imagination. Oh for a world in which imagination becomes reality. Alas, it never has…and never will in a world where humans have free will. Yes, my friends; that which sets us free, condemns us to perpetual violence. The only question left is who will prevail; those who seek freedom or those who seek to rule?
In the entire history of Mankind the only peace that has ever been achieved is by the application of war against those who would attempt to rule others. This is the sublime beauty of the Founding of the United States of America. For the first time in the history of Man, a people came together and fought for the right to not be ruled by Man, but to enjoy Liberty under law. Not the law of Man, but of God.
“We Hold These Truths to be Self-Evident, That All Men are Created Equal. That They are Endowed by Their Creator With Certain Unalienable Rights. That Among These are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.”
The importance of this declaration is unfathomable. This statement secures for all Men the right to war with all who would deny these rights given to us by God. What Man gives, Man can legitimately take away. What God gives, no Man can rightly deny. Any person alive or dead who denies this truth brings violence, hatred and death to all the peoples of this Earth.
I won’t bore you with the details. I’ve researched it as should you and yours. In all cases in history, true peace has only been sustained by force against those who would harm innocent people for personal gain and/or control. The longer the peaceful wait and deny the evil in their midst, the more innocent people who will ultimately die to re-secure peace. In every war that has ever been fought, more people died than necessary. In all cases because good people failed to see, recognize and repel the evil so apparent among them. The ultimate irony of Man is that those who seek peace naively have killed more than the most evil among us. The ovens of Auschwitz were fired by the passivity of God-fearing and good-willed peoples of the world who ignored the obvious intent of a madman. But for Winston Churchill Western Civilization may not have survived at all.
Again unfortunately in our own time we are face with new evil. Churches burned. People beheaded, burned and murdered in ditches. Evil wrapped in the comforting cloak of a Fascist Ideology disguised as religion. Millions of kind and peaceful peoples have allowed the wrath of radical insanity to pool the blood of all who happen upon their brethren. The reluctance of all good people of the world to impose harsh, immediate and righteous war upon this stain of humankind has and will continue to cause suffering, death and destruction to innumerable innocent people in all corners of the world.
May God forgive us for our progeny shan’t.
by Keith D. Rodebush
Posted by Keith D. Rodebush at 01:17